Sunday, September 18, 2011

What I've been up to.... the Halloween Parade!

Sorry I've been absolutely horrible about updating.
I know how interested I was in reading everyone elses blogs, and how there weren't more posts…. I can completely understand now, haha

I've been really busy lately. So far I'm on day 4 of 8 days working in a row, 2 of those are Halloween Parade shifts!

I was selected to work on the Mickey's Boo To You Halloween Parade which goes out during the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Parties. To work costuming for the parade i had to be chosen by my leaders, which means that they believe in me, which is definitely a good thing.

I also found out that I will be working on the atmosphere team for the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Parties! That means that I will be working to make sure that every character that you can meet and greet with during the Christmas events is looking their best!

The Halloween parade shifts are 10 hours each, and I get off work at 2am, getting home around 3am… and 2 of my 8 days in a row are Halloween. I'm already exhausted, and I have 4 more shifts ahead of me until my boyfriend will be here to visit me!

We're going to the Halloween party on Friday, and I'm going to yell at all my friends in the parade. The Hyenas are pretty awesome, as well as a certain cowgirl and a gravedigger… along with Chip and Goofy! All the characters are very nice, especially Ed, haha ;) I'm sure they'll all do their best to come visit me while they are on parade route before they go rest for the night…

I've also decided that I want to extend my college program. I love costuming so much. I feel like I have the most interesting job out of everyone I've met. The dancer and characters don't even have this much fun I think. I've learned a lot about how things are made, just from observing, as well as how the costumes function. I'm really excited at the thought of staying here, and hopefully moving on up within the company. I'm going o try for a professional internship as a costuming workroom assistant. We'll see how that goes :)

Well, I'm going to got  bed now since it's 5am and I have to be up at 11 to get ready and catch the bus. Hopefully I won't have to work downstairs and I will be on ELP tonight :)

I'll post more in detail about Halloween later on, I promise ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment